Carl Martin Guitar Pedals are made to a high standard and are included in our boutique guitar pedal range. Carl Martin manufactures guitar effect pedals and guitar amplifiers. Founded in 1990 as ESR, a professional PA sound rental company. Shortly after the company began it started producing custom made audio equipment for the professional musicians, with a superior sound quality and features not seen on any other guitar effect pedal.
The first Carl Martin guitar effect pedal to be design and manufactured was the The Hot Drive ‘n’ Boost which was introduced in 1993. Since these early beginnings, Carl Martin have maintained a high quality of guitar products and now have a range of 44 boutique guitar effect pedals. In 2005 the first handmade Carl Martin tube guitar amplifier the Custom Shop 50 was also introduced. On the website we have many Carl Martin Guitar Pedals. Listed below are some of the most popular Carl Martin Guitar Pedal models, click on the name of the pedal you are interested in and be taken to a page showing suppliers and prices.
Carl Martin Effect Pedals : Product List
Click on the links shown below to each of the individual Carl Martin Guitar Effect Pedals.
- Bass Drive Tube Pre-Amp Guitar Pedal by Carl Martin
- Carl Martin Dual Injection Double Boost Guitar Pedal
- Classic Chorus Vibrato Effect Guitar Pedal by Carl Martin
- Greg Howe’s Lick Box High Gain Crunch Boost Pedal by Carl Martin
- Headroom Spring Reverb Effect Pedal by Carl Martin
- Hydra Boost Driver Guitar Pedal by Carl Martin
- Plexi Lo-Gain Distortion Effect Guitar Pedal by Carl Martin
- Plexitone Overdrive and Boost Guitar Pedal by Carl Martin
- Rock Bug Amp-Speaker Simulation Pedal by Carl Martin
Use the menu above or search box to find the pedal you require. If you are looking for a guitar distortion pedal click on the distortion pedals link and you will be taken to another page showing a wide range of distortion guitar pedals by the different guitar effect pedal manufacturers. There is also a full range of boutique guitar effect pedals available on the site as used by professional guitar players.
Buy Carl Martin Guitar Effect Pedals
Click here to Buy Carl Martin Guitar Pedals on Amazon
Carl Martin Pedals : Guitar Effects Explained
A guitar effect unit or pedal is an electronic or digital device that alters the input sound from the guitar pick ups.The modified sound is then output to a guitar amplifier or to another effect pedal to be modified further. Our web site has prices for guitar effect pedals including all makes and types of effect. We also have prices for boutique effect pedals. Common effects include:
- Distortion – this type of guitar effect modifies the input signal to replicate hard driven valve guitar amplifier. There are many variations on this including fuzz guitar pedals, overdrive guitar pedals, distortion guitar pedals, blues guitar pedals, crunch guitar pedals and heavy metal guitar pedals.
- Dynamic – this type of effect modifies the signal but does to shape or modify it. They are used to clean up the signal, boost the pickups or to improve the tone. Review these guitar pickup booster pedal, guitar pre-amp pedal, guitar noise gate pedals, guitar compressor pedals, guitar volume pedals and guitar limiter pedals.
- Filter – these effect shape and modify the frequency of the input guitar signal to create new sounds and include guitar wah pedals and guitar graphic equaliser pedals,.
- Modulation – these effects are the most popular and modulate the input signal to create new interesting sounds and include guitar chorus pedals, guitar flanger pedal, guitar phaser pedal, guitar vibe pedal, guitar tremolo pedal, guitar modulation pedal and guitar vibrato pedal.
- Pitch – these effects modify the input signal by changing the pitch of the note, for example an octaver may add an extra note one octave higher, one lower or even both. Choose a guitar octaver pedal.
- Specialist – these are unique effects that create a new and interesting sound including guitar bit crusher pedal, guitar rotary speaker pedal,
- Time and Echo – these effects add reflections of the input signal to thicken the sound and also to add unique echo effects. Choose from guitar digital delay pedal, guitar analog delay pedal, guitar reverb pedal, guitar tape echo pedal,
- Others – there are other unique pedals used for a specific use like acoustic guitar pedals, guitar multi-effects pedal, guitar looper pedal, guitar tuner pedals, amp simulator pedals and aby switch pedals
Most modern effects use solid-state electronics eg computer chips however some old and vintage effects use mechanical components like spring reverb and vacuum tubes. Guitar effect pedals can be either small metal box pedals that are used on the floor eg “stompboxes” or a full rack mounted electronic effects units. Guitar Effect Pedals are typically controlled by a footswitch, either on the pedal, or as a seperate unit on the floor. Guitarists have used effects for many years to modify the sound from the guitar and to create new and exciting sounds for use on new recordings. There are many makes of guitar pedal on the market, from mass produced, cheap guitar pedals, to expensive custom made pedals that are hand made and used by famous guitar players. Guitar pedals are typically used on stage fitted to a guitar pedal board where the guitarist can switch on and off various effects during a live performance to replica the original recording.