A Hybrid Guitar Amplifier combines the best features of solid state guitar amp and valve guitar amp circuit design and technology to create a very unique sound. These guitar amps became popular in the 70s and 80s and are still manufactured today. Notable models include the Fender Super Champ XD, and the Roland Bolt amplifier. Randall Amplifiers V2 and T2 use hybrid amp technology. A hybrid amplifier involves one of two combinations of tube and solid-state guitar amplification circuits. The most common design is a tube pre-amplifier stage to generate a nice overdrive tube sound that is popular in blues and rock music, and a solid state power stage. This makes the overall guitar amplifier circuit smaller and cheaper to make than it would be if you had an all tube guitar amp of similar power output as it dispenses with the need for a large output transformer and easily achieves modern power levels. There are many styles of hybrid guitar amplifier available on the market from different suppliers, we have listed some of the best hybrid guitar amplifiers below. The key to these guitar amplifiers is the circuit design. Tube amps have a warmer natural tone, and solid state amps have a clean and more clinical tone. By using an Hybrid guitar amplifier you can get a nice warm tube sound and then boost it up to high output levels using the solid state output stage.
Hybrid guitar amplifiers are now upgraded with more modern features and it is not uncommon to see things like modelling software, USB connections and bluetooth included on the higher spec hybrid guitar amplifiers. These are modern guitar amplifiers which include classic design features combined with modern fabrication methods. Our web site features all types of guitar amplifier and if you are unsure about the differences we have written a brief explanation about each type on our Guitar Amplifiers Explained page. Click on the links below to see examples of the individual Hybrid Guitar Amplifiers.
Check Out These Hybrid Guitar Amplifiers
- BlackStar HT Club 40 Guitar Combo Amplifier
- Blackstar HT Stage 100 Venue Head Amplifier
- BlackStar HT Studio Guitar Amplifier Combo (20W)
- Blackstar HT Venue Stage 60 Valve Guitar Amp
- Blackstar HT-1R Valve Guitar Amplifier Head and Combo (1W)
- BlackStar HT-5R-210 Valve Combo Guitar Amp (5W-2×10)
- Blackstar HT1-RH Valve Head Guitar Amplifier (1W)
- Carlsbro EVO 30 Hybrid Guitar Amplifier Combo (30W-1×10)
- JOYO BlueJay Blues Jazz Tube Guitar Amplifier
- Joyo Jackman Bantamp Guitar Amplifier Head (20W)
- Joyo Zombie Bantamp Guitar Amplifier Head (20W)
- Laney LV200 Tube Hybrid Combo Guitar Amp (65W-112)
- Laney LV300 Tube Hybrid Guitar Combo Amp (120W-112)
- Orange Dark Terror Valve Guitar Amplifier Head (15W)
- Orange Micro Terror Valve Hybrid Head Amp (20W)
- VOX Mini Superbeetle Guitar Amp Head and Cab, MSB25 50W
- VOX VX50-KB Compact Keyboard Amplifier (NuTube-50W)
A Selection of Hybrid Guitar Amplifiers
More Guitar Amplifier Pages
Guitar Amplifier and Pedals Savings
Guitar Gear Savings
Latest Guitar Related Products
We are adding new guitar related products, including video reviews of products nearly every day or so. Bookmark the site or join the mailing list to keep up to date with new guitar products and guitar price reductions. Here are our latest posts.
- T Rex Bassjuice Organic Distortion Guitar Pedal
- Maxon CS-550 Stereo Chorus Guitar Pedal
- Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah Guitar Pedal
- JHS Angry Charlie Distortion Guitar Pedal
- Ashdown Woodsman Acoustic Guitar Amp Combo
About the YUMA GOLD Website
The YUMAGOLD web site has been created for guitarists and other musicians to review and purchase musical instrument gear at the best prices currently on offer from various suppliers around the world. The yumagold.co.uk website is expanding all the time with new guitar product reviews being added every few days. By comparing prices and suppliers on various online retail stores we can generate a list showing the latest guitar sale prices including price reductions for guitar amps, effect pedal sales and much more. Take some time to review the Savings page displayed in the navigation menu at the top.