See below our Musical Instrument Gear Help Guides. These are mainly guitar related guides covering a wide range of subjects that will help you choose the right gear for the sound and the tone your desire. These guitar help guides will give you an insight into how the technology works and how small changes can improve, or destroy, your tone. Follow your guitar signal path from the pick-ups to the speaker. See how to set up your pedal board and the best guitar effects to use, and select the right type of guitar amplifier for the sound you require, plus much more. The musical instrument gear help guides we have created are separated into different subjects to help you find the subject you are looking for. Click on the links below.
Guitar Amplifier Technology Explained
Listed below are a number of guides to guitar amplifier technology. Learn about the different types of guitar amplifier on the market and how the different technology shapes the signal from the guitar and decides the type of tone you can expect to at the speakers. There is also in-depth guides to valve guitar amplifier technology, the valve amplifier circuits used, how guitar amplifier valves work and how to maintain and repair your valve amplifier.
- Combo Guitar Amplifiers Explained (9/1/2019)
- Guide to Guitar Amplifier Technology Use and Design (6/3/2019)
- Guitar Amplifiers Explained – All Types & Makes (4/7/2017)
- Head Guitar Amplifier Explained (9/1/2019)
- Valve Amplifier Push-Pull Output Stage Operation Explained (11/7/2017)
- Valve Amplifier Single Ended Output Stage Explained (11/8/2017)
- Valve Guitar Amplifier – Output Tubes Explained (11/5/2017)
- Valve Guitar Amplifier – Pre-Amplifier Tube Operation Explained (11/4/2017)
- Valve Guitar Amplifier – Pre-Amplifier Valves Compared (3/27/2018)
- Valve Guitar Amplifier – Technology Explained (11/11/2017)
- Valve Guitar Amplifier – Tube Amp Basics Explained (10/8/2017)
- Valve Guitar Amplifier – Tube Maintenance and Care (9/19/2017)
- Valve Guitar Amplifier – Tube Operation Explained (11/6/2017)
Your Guitar Signal Chain Explained
When you strum the strings of an electric guitar it creates an electric current in the pick-ups. This electrical current is very small and includes an number of frequencies and other tonal characteristics. This is the start of your signal chain. In order to hear this signal it must be amplified. From the pick-ups to the speakers there are many factors which will shape and modify the electrical current that was generated before it appears as a much greater, amplified, sound at the speakers and enters your ears. Read these guides to how the equipment you choose will modify your signal chain and shape your overall tone.
- Buffer Guitar Pedals – Guitar Effects (4/23/2020)
Guitar Effect Pedals Explained
There are hundreds of types of guitar effect pedals and hundreds of effect pedal manufacturers on the market. It is no wonder it can be confusing which model or make to choose to get the tone you desire.
Read our guides to get insight into what each type of pedal does, what to expect when add it to your signal chain, which brands to consider buying and the models to have on your pedal board. Our guitar effect pedal guides are a series of posts that have been created to provide an insight into how using guitar effect pedals can shape and modify your guitar signal chain and create a range of new, dramatic and pleasing guitar tones.
The choice of guitar effect pedal is important as it will modify your tone either making it sound good or totally destroying it. These guitar effect pedal guides will explain the function of each type of guitar effect and how it shapes your guitar signal. We also cover how the guitar effects are linked together, the best order to link the pedals, the use of a effect pedal power supply, creating your first guitar effect pedal board and the difference between buying low cost cheap pedals and buying boutique guitar effect pedals. There are also a number of guitar effect pedal clones on the market which can provide the same sound as the original pedals at a fraction of the cost.
- Biyang Pedal Clone List – Guitar FX Pedals (11/30/2019)
- Caline Clone List – Guitar Effect Pedal Clones (12/12/2019)
- Donner Guitar Pedals Clone List (3/23/2020)
- Guide to Guitar Effect Pedals – FX Explained (12/18/2019)
- Mooer Guitar Pedals Clone List (4/3/2020)
- The Best Boutique Effect Pedals To Buy (12/9/2019)
- The Yuma Gold Top Ten Guitar Effect Pedal Lists (2/25/2020)
Famous Guitar Player Pedal Boards Explored
Find out what the famous guitar players are using on their pedal boards. Here we have created a number of posts reviewing a number of Famous Guitar Pedal Boards. By reviewing how the famous players have set up their pedal boards, the choice of effect pedals they have decided to use and the brands they work with it is possible to see where their tone comes from.
This will then allow you to make your own choices on which guitar effect pedals to buy and to start to design your own pedal board and create your own unique tone and sound.
- Dave Gilmour Guitar Effects and Pedal Board (1/23/2020)
- Famous Guitar Player Pedal Boards Explored (6/6/2019)
- Stevie Ray Vaughn Guitar Effects and Pedal Board (1/24/2020)
Also see these Musical Instrument Gear Pages
Sign Up to Our Mailing List and Save £££££
By signing up to our mailing list you will receive a weekly email showing the latest special offers and price reductions on a wide range of musical instrument gear. Just wait till your desired product comes up and order before it is too late. Click here to Join The Mailing List.
Major Brands To Consider
- Marshall Guitar Amp Prices
- Fender Guitar Amp Prices
- Boss Effect Pedals Prices
- Jim Dunlop Pedal Prices
- Electro Harmonix Pedal Prices