A noise gate pedal is used to eliminate hum and noise from the guitar signal chain. It works by eliminating sound signals below a set level which is chosen using a control knob on the effect pedal. Basically, a noise gate allows the main audio signal to pass through only when it is above a set threshold point eg the gate is open. If the signal falls below the threshold point, no signal is allowed to pass, eg the gate is closed. The noise gate guitar pedal can be used to eliminate hum and hiss noise caused by the high gain feature of distortion guitar pedals and other booster effects. A noise gate does not remove noise from the signal itself, it only eliminates it when there is a quieter passage in the guitar solo. Gates typically feature ‘attack’, ‘release’, and ‘hold’ settings and may feature a ‘look-ahead’ function. There are both cheap and expensive models on the market Products to check up on are the Behringer NR300 Noise Reducer, the Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, the Pigtronix Gatekeeper Noise Gate and the TC Electronic Iron Curtain Noise Gate.
There are many style and manufacturers of Noise Gate Guitar Pedals to consider. Review the product price comparison list for individual pedals or click on the product grid that is shown below to jump straight in and buy your new noise gate pedal.
Buy Noise Gate Guitar Pedals
Listed below are current Noise Gate Pedals as advertised online at various stores. Select a model and you will be taken to a page to review the specification and place your order.
Compare Noise Gate Guitar Pedals
If you click on a link below it will take you to a seperate page where it will shows various suppliers and prices for the same product. If you just want to make a quick choice then check out the product grid below the list.
- Rocktron HUSH Super C Noise Reduction Rack Mount Unit
- Rocktron HUSH 2X Guitar Noise Reduction Unit
- Rowin Noise Gate Effect Guitar Pedal
- Pigtronix Gatekeeper Noise Gate Guitar Pedal
- Boss NS-2 Guitar Noise Suppressor Pedal
- CP-39 Caline The Noise Gate Hum Suppressor Guitar Pedal
- Electro-Harmonix Silencer Noise Gate Guitar Pedal
- JOYO JF-324 Gate of Kahn Noise Gate Pedal
- JOYO JF-31 Noise Gate Guitar Pedal
- TC Electronic Iron Curtain Noise Gate Pedal
- Behringer NR300 Noise Reducer Guitar Pedal
- Ammoon Noise Gate Noise Suppressor Pedal
More Guitar Effect Pedal and Stompbox Pages
Guitar Amplifier and Pedals Savings
Guitar Gear Savings
Latest Guitar Related Products
We are adding new guitar related products, including video reviews of products nearly every day or so. Bookmark the site or join the mailing list to keep up to date with new guitar products and guitar price reductions. Here are our latest posts.
- Maxon OD820 OverDrive Pro Guitar Pedal
- Wampler Reflection Reverb Echo Guitar Pedal
- Wampler Faux Tape Echo Effect Guitar Pedal
- Empress Effects Multi-Drive Guitar Pedal
- Morley Cliff Burton Power Fuzz Wah Guitar Pedal
About the YUMA GOLD Website
The YUMAGOLD web site has been created for guitarists and other musicians to review and purchase musical instrument gear at the best prices currently on offer from various suppliers around the world. The yumagold.co.uk website is expanding all the time with new guitar product reviews being added every few days. By comparing prices and suppliers on various online retail stores we can generate a list showing the latest guitar sale prices including price reductions for guitar amps, effect pedal sales and much more. Take some time to review the Savings page displayed in the navigation menu at the top.