Check out our guitar amplifier Replacement Valve Kits for CARVIN Guitar Amplifiers. These guitar amp valve kits include all of the amplifier tubes that are required to service your valve guitar amplifier and bring it back to peak performance. As the tubes in your guitar amplifier will deteriorate, and the tonal quality be reduced, with the amount of use, it may not be immediately noticeable that your combo tube amp or head tube amp are not performing as well as it was originally designed to.
Replacing all of the valves in your tube amp at the same time will most likely bring your valve guitar amp back to best performance. Especially if you own a practice valve amp where bad tubes will show up quicker due to the low power or a valuable vintage tube amp. You may be tempted to buy a single power valves however this can be a false economy as most, especially higher powered valve amps, need matched sets of amplifier valves to work correctly. If the tubes that are used in the valve guitar amplifier power output circuit are not matched it will cause hum, or noise, and will most likely reduce the life of the other tubes that are in the circuit.
If you are confident on where the problems lie with your tube guitar amplifier then you can decide not to buy a full tube amp set and just buy either the pre-amp valves or the output valve. On the website you can review and buy single pre-amplifier valves, which most likely do not need to be matched, or just buy full sets of matched output tubes if you only want to replace those.
Please ensure you read the installation manual supplied with your guitar amplifier before buying and changing the valves. You can also read our guide to trube amplifier maintenance for some notes on changing and caring for your tubes.
Replacement Valve Kits for CARVIN Guitar Amplifiers.
Review the list below and click on the link to be taken to a page where you can review the prices and buy full guitar amp re-valve sets for your tube guitar amplifier. If your valve amp is not in the list contact us using the link in the top menu and we will add your model to the list
- Replacement Valve Kit for Carvin V16
- Replacement Valve Kit for Carvin V3
- Replacement Valve Kit for Carvin V3M
- Replacement Valve Kit for Carvin X100B
- Replacement Valve Kit for Carvin X212B
A Selection of Carvin Amplifier Tube Kits
Carvin Audio Guitar Amplifiers
Carvin Corporation is an US guitar amplifier and audio equipment manufacturer based in San Diego, California. Established in 1946. From 1950 to 1970, Carvin manufactured and assembled several types of guitars and amplifiers. In the late 1970s, Carvin began the production of their own instrument parts and expanded their product lines to include professional audio gear, amps, recording equipment, lighting, and other stage and studio equipment. In 2015, Carvin Corporation split off the guitar business to a new company, Kiesel Guitars. Carvin Corporation continues to manufacture carvin guitar amplifiers.
Replacement Valve Kits for Guitar Amplifiers Explained
All head valve guitar amplifiers and combo valve guitar amplifiers include a mixture of pre-amplifier valves, power output valves and rectifier valves (or tubes in the USA). The typical life of a guitar amplifier valve is around 1000 hours. As the valves all operate together the performance of all the valves will degrade over time. If you buy a full guitar amplifier valve kit it will be the best to restore the overall sound quality, performance and reliability of your valve amp to its original state.
These full valve replacement kits that are shown including all of the valves that are required. The valves are fully tested and specially chosen for their sound characteristic and then saved into matched valve sets. The sets include all of the of guitar amp pre-amplifier valves and guitar amp power output valves required. Some kits include the rectifier valve however if this part is required you can buy rectifier valves here.
Why Buy Matched Guitar Amplifier Valves?
Most valve combo guitar amps and valve head guitar amps, especially the higher power models and those with push-pull circuit designs, require matched output tubes to operate correctly. Buying one valve and adding it to an existing set will make the amplifier unreliable, cause hum and noise, and reduce the life of the other valves in the circuit, costing a lot more money.
Depending on the design and power output of the amplifier the matched sets are seperated into matched pair valve set (x2 tubes) or matched quad valve set (x4 tubes) and some very high power valve guitar amplifiers can include a matched sextet valve set (x6 tubes). The general rule being more valves more power.
In a push-pull valve guitar amplifier design one valve is pushing the speaker cone out and the other valve is pulling it in, back and forwards, causing sound. To maintain a reliable guitar amplifier performance it is important that the valves push and pull in equal measure. If you buy a matched set of amplifier tubes will mean that the supplier has tested the valves and selected them to have similar characteristics and therefore work together correctly.
More Guitar Amplifier Valves Sets (Tubes) by Amp Make
- Replacement Valve Kits for AMPEG Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for ASHDOWN Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for BLACKHEART Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for BLACKSTAR Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for BUGERA Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for CARLSBRO Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for CRATE Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for ENGL Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for EPIPHONE Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for FENDER Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for HAYDEN Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for HUGHES AND KETTNER Amps
- Replacement Valve Kits for JET CITY Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for LANEY Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for MESA BOOGIE Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for ORANGE Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for PEAVEY Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for RIVERA Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for SOLDANO Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for TRAYNOR Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for VHT Guitar Amplifiers
- Replacement Valve Kits for VOX Guitar Amplifiers
- Valves for MARSHALL Amplifiers – Replacement Guitar Amp Tubes
Tips on Valve Guitar Amplifier Maintenance
If you are considering doing any valve guitar amplifier maintenance make sure you first read the manufacturers installation booklet for the guitar amplifier you have before buying or changing any of the valves.
One important tip that I have is to monitor how long you have been using the valves. To do this, once you have changed the valves in your guitar amplifier make a note of the date. This can be done by adding a sticker to the back of the amplifier. Taking a view that you use the amp so many hours a week you will be able to decide when is best to change them again in the future, taking into account that guitar amplifier valves (or tubes) will operate under normal conditions for up to 1000 hours, after this they will start to degrade.
Consider these other Pages
- Buy Single Guitar Amp Valves (buy guitar amplifier valves as single items)
- Buy Matched Guitar Amp Valve Sets (buy matched sets of guitar amplifier power valves)
- Buy Full Guitar Amp Re-Valve Kits (buy full guitar amplifier replacement valve sets)
- Look Up Your Valve Guitar Amplifier (find your valve guitar amplifier from a list)
- Valve Amplifier Tube Care and Maintenance