If you would like to make a Single Guitar Amplifier Valve Purchase this is the correct page. The most common types used in guitar amplifiers are listed below. The guitar amplifier valves are manufactured by all the major brands and can be used in a wide range of guitar amplifiers. If you want to buy a single valve to test a circuit or to confirm if there is a fault this may be the best starting point however in order to ensure your amplifier works correctly it may require matched valves. These are shown at the bottom of the page.
Buy Single Guitar Amplifier Valve
The links below will take you to a page displaying prices and suppliers. Click on the chosen amp valve and you will be taken to a page displaying suppliers and prices for a single guitar amplifier valve.
- Buy 12AT7 (ECC81) Guitar Amplifier Valve (Tube)
- Buy 12AU7 (ECC82) Amplifier Valve (Tube)
- Buy 12AX7 (ECC83) Valve for Guitar Amplifier
- Buy 12BH7 Guitar Amplifier Valve (Tube)
- Buy 5751 Pre-Amplifier Valve (Vacuum Tube)
- Buy 5AR4 (GZ34) Rectifier Valve for Guitar Amplifier
- Buy 6550 (KT88) Power Valve for Guitar Amplifier
- Buy 6L6 (5881 – KT66) Power Valve for Guitar Amplifier
- Buy 6V6-GT Power Valve for Guitar Amplifier
- Buy EL34 (6CA7) Power Valve for Guitar Amplifier
- Buy EL84 (6BQ5) Power Valve for Guitar Amplifier
Why Change Your Guitar Amplifier Valves
Is the performance of your Guitar Amplifier letting you down? Does it sound distorted with a hum? Has the output sound begun to degrade and break up? If yes, then it could be time to consider replacing some or all of the valves in your guitar amplifier. Guitar amplifier valves (or tubes as they are known in the USA) are robust and will work for many hours. Performance will be affected by mistreating them or allowing them to overheat. Generally the performance of vacuum tubes starts to degrades with the amount of time they are used and up to 1000 hours is typically the optimum life of a valve or tube. If the performance of your amplifier is failing then it is likely that some or all of the valves need replacement. When replacing guitar amplifier valves it is best to use matched pairs as this will ensure the valves last as long as possible with the best sound quality. We have a full range of replacement guitar amplifier valves and matched sets available for the most popular amplifier types – see the links below.
More Guitar Amplifier Valve Links
- Matched Sets of Amplifier Valve
- Matched sets of pre-amplifier and power output valves to ensure the maximum performance from your amplifier.
- Full Guitar Amplifier Re-Valve Kits
- The best way to get the best from you guitar amplifier. By changing all of the valves as a complete set maximum performance from the amplifier can be assured. Changing individual valves can be a false economy as the one weak link in the chain will affect the overall performance.
- Look Up Your Guitar Amplifier
- We have kits available for most guitar amplifiers. Use the link above or the SEARCH feature to look up your amplifier
- Read our Guide to Replacing Guitar Amplifier Valves.
Guitar Amplifier Tube Replacement
We have included some guidance on selecting the best new tubes for your guitar valve amplifier. Changing the valves periodically can have a massive effect on the quality of the sound generated by the guitar amplifier and also reduce hum.
Guitar Valve Amplifier Technology Explained
We have written a number of pages to explain the guitar valve amplifier technology and some of the work that is behind valve guitar amplifier design, components used in the manufacturing process and how to care and maintain your valve amplifier in top condition. Our articles explains guitar valve amplifier technology starts with some basic explanations of the different types of guitar amplifier.
Valve Guitar Amplifier Circuits.
Within our guitar valve amplifier technical guides we have included some circuit diagrams of classic tube amplifier designs from the 50’s and 60’s. An example is shown of the Fender 5C3 circuit as used in the Fender Deluxe Valve Amplifier.
- Valve Amplifier Single Output Stage
- Valve Amplifier Push Pull Output Stage
- Guitar Amplifier Tubes Explained
- Guitar Valve Amplifier – Output Tubes Explained
- Guitar Valve Amplifier – Preamp Tubes Explained
- Guitar Amplifier Pre-Amplifier Valves Compared