This page focuses on Solid State Head Guitar Amplifiers that have only the amplifier circuit within a cabinet. When buying a head style guitar amplifier you will need to buy a speaker cabinet use the amplifier. Head style guitar amplifiers are popular with touring guitar players as they are easy to transport and they can be connecte dto the speaker system at the venue where they will play.
Solid state guitar amplifiers use silicone chip technology including transistors, diodes and ic’s to modify and amplify the guitar pick up signal to audible levels. If designed correctly, Solid state guitar amplifiers have a particularily clean tonal quality. This clean tone, without distortion, makes them popular with Jazz players and other guitarists who prefer to use guitar effects pedals to modify their sound.
The overall tone of a solid state head guitar amp is different to that created by a more expensive valve head guitar amp. Our web site features all types of guitar amplifier and if you are unsure about the differences we have written a brief explanation about each type on our guitar amplifiers explained page.
A Selection of Solid State Head Guitar Amplifiers
Check out this list to choose your favourite solid state guitar amplifier or amplifier manufacturer. You will be taken to a separate page displaying all of the current suppliers and price offers for that models. Just click the buy now link and place your order.
- Diamond Positron 18W Guitar Amplifier
- Randall RG1503H Solid State Head Amplifier
- Randall RG3003H Solid State Amplifier Head
- SubZero SA-100 Head Amplifier and Stack with Speaker Cab
- SubZero SA100H Solid State Amplifier Head (100w)
Solid State Guitar Amplifiers Explained
A head style guitar amplifier includes the power amplifier circuitry within a metal casing or cabinet. There is no speaker therefore if using this style of guitar amplifier a speaker cabinet will be required. The amplifier circuitry includes solid state technology (transistors, integrated circuits and diodes) which makes the units smaller and easier to transport than valve head amplifiers.
Solid state amplifiers can range from cheap practice amplifiers to high quality boutique designs used by famous players. The sound from a solid state amplifier is different to a valve amplifier however due to the technology additional features and effects are easy to incorporate within the amplifier unit.
Buy Solid State Guitar Amplifiers on Amazon
Click here —-> Solid State Head Guitar Amplifiers
Other Types of Guitar Amplifier
- Acoustic Guitar Amplifiers
- Bass Combo Guitar Amplifiers
- Bass Head Guitar Amplifiers
- Boutique Guitar Amplifiers
- Hybrid Guitar Amplifiers
- Modeling Guitar Amplifiers
- Practice Guitar Amplifiers
- Rack Mounted Guitar Amps, Compare Prices
- Solid State Combo Guitar Amplifiers
- Solid State Head Guitar Amps, Compare Prices
- Valve Combo Guitar Amplifiers
- Valve Head Guitar Amplifiers
Also See these Products
- Buy Solid State Combo Amplifier
- Buy Bass Guitar Amplifier
- Buy Valve Guitar Amps
- Buy Guitar Accessories
- Price Savings on Guitar Amps
- Buy Guitar Effect Pedals
- Buy Replacement Guitar Amp Valves (Tubes)
- Guitar Advertising Opportunities