The TECH 21 Guitar Pedals range is extensive with many types of guitar effect represented. Tech 21 are a US guitar pedal manufacturer based in midtown Manhattan that are best known for their innovation and pioneering of guitar amp modelling effects in the days before digital modelling technology. Tech 21 are well known in the guitar world for producing the Tech 21 SansAmp pedal range. Tech 21 pioneered the direct recording movement and created an entirely new category of signal processing. The revolutionary SansAmp tube amplifier emulator was the first device to enable musicians to dial in monster tones and patch them directly to a studio mixer or stage PA. Finally, it was possible to get stunning, consistent tones without futzing for hours and hours to find that elusive ‘sweet spot.’ Instead, the 100% analog SansAmp delivered all of its mammoth sounds from a pocket-sized pedal. Tech 21 continue to develop new pedals however some of the original products are still in production today. This shows the quality of design and build.
Tech 21 guitar pedals simulate famous amplifiers and are available for both electric guitar and electric bass guitars. Most TECH 21 guitar effect pedals can be plugged directly into the PA system in the studio or on stage. They are also used to connect directly to a computer for recording while using DAW software. The majority of TECH 21 guitar pedals provide realistic guitar amp tones without the need to have an actual guitar amplifier present. Tech 21 effects pedals are available online and in music stores.
Buy TECH 21 Guitar Pedals
Review the guitar products listed below, click on the name to be taken to a separate page where you can review the prices of the individual TECH 21 Guitar Pedals.
TECH 21 Guitar Pedals : Products List
Our website has many TECH 21 Guitar Pedals showing comparison prices from various suppliers for you to review and buy. Some of the most popular models are shown below however if you require a specific guitar pedal use the product list below the grid. Select the guitar effect pedal you are interested in from the list and you will be taken to a page showing the various suppliers and any special offers and savings that exist. If you require a high quality guitar pedal that is built for the road with unique features take some time to review the range of boutique effect pedals to consider that are available, many of these are designed for, and used, by famous guitar players.
You can use this link to also review the full range of Tech 21 guitar pedals in image format. There are many different manufacturers guitar pedal to consider including all the well know brands including Mooer pedals, Joyo pedals, Behringer pedals, MXR pedals, Boss pedals plus take a look at the many boutique guitar pedals that are displayed on the site.
TECH 21 Guitar Pedals : Guitar Effects Explained
Guitarists have been using guitar pedals for over 70 years to shape the sound from their guitars and to drive the input to the guitar amplifier harder. The natural tone from an electric guitar or electric bass guitar is very bland and lacks some sonic qualities that make the sound appealing. A guitar amplifier will change the tone and maybe add distortion but the modify the signal and fatten up the tone guitarist will use effect pedals, rack effects or multi-effect units. A guitar effect unit, pedal or stompbox is an electronic or digital device that takes the clean input signal from the guitar pick ups and modifies, or shapes the signal by adding additional sonic characteristics.. The modified sound is then output from the guitar pedal in to the guitar amplifier or it can be input into another guitar pedal to shape the signal further. Common guitar effects that can be used include:
- Distortion – this type of guitar effect modifies the input signal to replicate hard driven valve guitar amplifier. There are many variations on this including fuzz guitar pedals, overdrive guitar pedals, distortion guitar pedals, blues guitar pedals, crunch guitar pedals and heavy metal guitar pedals.
- Dynamic – this type of effect modifies the signal but does to shape or modify it. They are used to clean up the signal, boost the pickups or to improve the tone. Review these guitar pickup booster pedal, guitar pre-amp pedal, guitar noise gate pedals, guitar compressor pedals, guitar volume pedals and guitar limiter pedals.
- Filter – these effect shape and modify the frequency of the input guitar signal to create new sounds and include guitar wah pedals and guitar graphic equaliser pedals,.
- Modulation – these effects are the most popular and modulate the input signal to create new interesting sounds and include guitar chorus pedals, guitar flanger pedal, guitar phaser pedal, guitar vibe pedal, guitar tremolo pedal, guitar modulation pedal and guitar vibrato pedal.
- Pitch – these effects modify the input signal by changing the pitch of the note, for example an octaver may add an extra note one octave higher, one lower or even both. Choose a guitar octaver pedal.
- Specialist – these are unique effects that create a new and interesting sound including guitar bit crusher pedal, guitar rotary speaker pedal,
- Time and Echo – these effects add reflections of the input signal to thicken the sound and also to add unique echo effects. Choose from guitar digital delay pedal, guitar analog delay pedal, guitar reverb pedal, guitar tape echo pedal,
- Others – there are other unique pedals used for a specific use like acoustic guitar pedals, guitar multi-effects pedal, guitar looper pedal, guitar tuner pedals, amp simulator pedals and aby switch pedals
Most modern effects use solid-state electronics eg computer chips however some old and vintage effects use mechanical components like spring reverb and vacuum tubes. Guitar effect pedals can be either small metal box pedals that are used on the floor eg “stompboxes” or a full rack mounted electronic effects units. Guitar Effect Pedals are typically controlled by a footswitch, either on the pedal, or as a seperate unit on the floor. There are many makes of guitar pedal on the market, from mass produced, cheap guitar pedals, to expensive custom made pedals that are hand made and used by famous guitar players. Guitar pedals are typically used on stage fitted to a guitar pedal board where the guitarist can switch on and off various effects during a live performance to replica the original recording.
Latest Guitar Related Products
We are adding new guitar related products, including video reviews of products nearly every day or so. Bookmark the site or join the mailing list to keep up to date with new guitar products and guitar price reductions. Here are our latest posts.
- Chase CA-60G Solid State Combo Guitar Amp (60W)
- Hotone Guitar Pedals – Boutique Guitar Effects
- Chase CA-60B Bass Guitar Practice Amplifier 60W
- Chase CA-20G Electric Guitar Practice Amplifier (20W)
- Chase CA-30A Acoustic Guitar Practice Amplifier (30W)
The YUMAGOLD UK website is expanding with new guitar and related audio products being added almost daily. Get reviews, prices and savings on the latest guitar gear. If you would like to discuss our marketing packages and add your new guitar and brand to our site use the links in the main menu to contact us. The YUMAGOLD website has been created for guitarists and other musicians to review and purchase musical instrument and audio gear. Our unique pricing system reviews the prices on offer from online retailers and displays the prices in a list allowing you to review the best price and place your order online. For more savings visit the SAVE page in the main menu and join the mailing list to get the latest email offers and savings.