The Tonebone Plexitube Distortion Guitar Switch by Radial is a two channel tube distortion pedal that combines the natural warmth and harmonic generation of a 12AX7 tube with the control and saturation of a unique multi-stage solid-state guitar amp drive circuit. Along with passive-interactive tone controls the Tonebone Plexitube Distortion is able to deliver four generations of Marshall guitar amplifier tone from a single effect pedal. The Tonebone Plexitube Distortion features two distinct distortion channels for transitioning between rhythm and lead settings.
Channel-1 has been optimized for rhythm with chunky rhythm tones and scooped out middles. Channel-2 is optimized to produce razor-sharp cut for solos and sustaining middles. Each channel has individual voicing and contour controls to allow you to set the optimal tone to suit your guitar and playing style. The Tonebone Plexitube Distortion includes an effects loop that can automatically turn your digital delay pedal on when you switch channels.
Our site includes many more Tonebone guitar pedals and also a number of other high quality boutique distortion pedals to consider like the Mad Professor Mighty Red Distortion Pedal, the JHS Sweet Tea Overdrive Distortion Pedal, the T-Rex Bloody Mary Distortion Pedal, and the Keeley Filaments Tube Distortion.
Buy the Tonebone Plexitube Distortion Guitar Switch by Radial
About Distortion Effect Pedals
A guitar distortion pedal takes the input from pickups or somewhere along the guitar signal chain, boosts the gain up and then generates a “fuzzy”, “growling”, or “gritty” tone. A distortion effect pedal can be used to replicate an over driven vintage valve guitar amplifier. Guitarists playing electric blues guitar originally obtained a distorted sound by turning up their valve guitar amps to very high volumes, which caused the signal to distort and break up. Distortion pedals were then developed to replicate this sound without the need for the high volume. Distortion pedals are now a key part of many guitar styles including blues, rock, punk rock and heavy metal music. A popular distortion pedal with guitar players is the Boss DS-1 Distortion.
The guitar distortion pedal is found on most guitar player pedal boards. There are a wide range of lead guitar distortion pedals and bass guitar distortion pedals to choose from. Here are some standard distortion guitar pedals that are popular with players and available at cheap prices – the NUX brownie distortion pedal, and the NUX metal core distortion pedal, the Donner alpha cruncher distortion pedal and the Behringer DM100 distortion pedal.
More Tonebone Effect Pedals:
- Tonebone Bassbone OD Guitar Switch Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone Bassbone V2 Guitar Switch Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone BigShot ABY Guitar Switch Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone BigShot EFX Guitar Effect Loop Switcher by Radial
- Tonebone BigShot IO Instrument Switch by Radial
- Tonebone BigShot PB1 Signal Buffer and Booster Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone Bones Twin-City ABY Switch by Radial
- Tonebone Cabbone Speaker Cabinet Switch Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone Dragster Guitar Wireless Load Corrector by Radial
- Tonebone Elevator Power Booster Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone Headbone VT Guitar Switch Pedal by Radial
- ToneBone Mix-Blender Buffer and Mixer Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone North Star Overdrive Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone PZ-Deluxe Acoustic Pre-Amp Pedal
- Tonebone Texas Pro Overdrive Pedal by Radial
- Tonebone V9 Hot British Plexi Distortion Pedal by Radial
About Tonebone Guitar Effect Pedals
Radial Engineering is based in Canada. Radial’s products have graced the stages and studios of many of music’s biggest acts including Rush, U2, Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, among many others. With a longstanding reputation for bringing reliable products to the market, the Radial brand can be seen on stages and in studios world-wide, including the Tonebone guitar effect pedals range. Starting in 1992, Radial now employs approximately 100 employees and boasts in-house research and development, engineering and production departments.
Other Distortion Pedals to Consider
- JOYO JF-34 US Dream Distortion Pedal
- Keeley DS9 Distortion Boutique Effect Pedal
- Keeley Filaments Tube Distortion Boutique Effect Pedal
- Keeley Stahlhammer Distortion Boutique Effect Pedal
- Keeley White Sands Luxe Drive Boutique Effect Pedal
- Mad Professor Little Green Wonder Distortion Pedal
- Mad Professor Mighty Red Distortion Pedal
- Maxon SD9 Sonic Distortion Pedal
- Mooer Black Secret Distortion Pedal
- Mooer MDS6 Guitar Distortion Pedal
Also See These Product Listings
- Buy Tonebone Guitar Effect Pedals
- Buy Distortion Pedals
- Buy Effect Pedals (All the makes like Boss, Dod, EHX etc)
- Buy Boutique Effect Pedals (Custom Made Pedals as used by Famous Guitar Players)
- Buy Guitar Amplifiers (Marshall, Fender, Orange and many more)
- Buy Boutique Amps (Custom Made Guitar Amps)
- Buy Guitar Amp Speaker Cabinets
- Replacement Guitar Amp Valves (Single, Matched, Full Kits)
- Effect Pedal Savings
The YUMAGOLD web site has been created to allow musicians to review and purchase musical related products at the best prices from various online suppliers like Amazon, Ebay and others. The site is constantly expanding and new products are added daily. If you would like to advertise guitar products on our site let us know by using the contact form.