This page focuses on Valve Head Guitar Amplifiers using a full all valve circuit design technology. This means there are valves in both the pre-amplifier and power output stages of the amplifier circuit. With this style of guitar amplifier a seperate guitar amplifier speaker cabinet will be required. Head valve amplifiers are popular with famous guitar players especially touring players as they can take there own favorite head guitar amp along to a venue and connect the amplifier into speakers onsite. Reducing the amount of equipment required to be transported.
Valve head guitar amplifiers are available for lead guitar and bass guitar. Each of these will have a different circuit to handle the tone ranges of the instrument. Vintage valve guitar amplifiers from the 50s and 60s are now sought after and change hands for large sums of money. Luckily, many clones of these vintage all tube amps are available at a fraction of the cost.
A Selection of Valve Head Guitar Amplifiers (See long List below)
Our web site features all types of guitar amplifier and if you are unsure about the differences we have written a brief explanation about each type on our Guitar Amplifiers Explained page. Listed below are some individual Valve Head Guitar Amplifiers. Click on the links below to see some examples of the individual Valve Head Guitar Amplifiers also check out our range of boutique guitar amps like Mesa Boogie guitar amps, Friedman guitar amps, Supro guitar amps, Bugera guitar amps and many more.
- Bugera G20 Infinium Guitar Head Amplifier (20W)
- Bugera T5 Infinium Head Tube Guitar Amplifier
- Bugera T50 Infinium Valve Head Guitar Amplifier
- Bugera TriRec Infinium Valve Head Amplifier (100W)
- Bugera V22HD Infinium Guitar Head Amplifier
- Bugera V55HD Infinium Valve Head Guitar Amp
- EVH 5150iii LBX 15W Head Guitar Amplifier
- Marshall DSL100-H Valve Head Guitar Amplifier (100W)
- Marshall DSL15H Valve Amplifier Head (15W)
- Mooer Little Monster AC Valve Head Amplifier (5W)
- Mooer Little Monster BM Valve Head Amplifier (5W)
- Orange Dual Dark 50 Tube Head Guitar Amplifier (50W)
- Orange Dual Terror DT30H Valve Head Amp (30W)
- Peavey 6534+ Valve Guitar Amplifier Head
Valve Head Guitar Amplifiers Explained
A head style guitar amplifier includes the power amplifier within a cabinet without a speaker. The amplifiers are powered by valves (or Tubes in the USA). Valve guitar amplifiers have a unique tone quality and many of the current models are based on classic designs upgraded with modern fabrication methods. When using this style of amplifier a speaker cabinet will be required. Valves or vacuum tubes dominant in most instrument amplifier applications until the 1970s, when solid-state semiconductors (transistors) started taking over.
Valve guitar amplifier enthusiasts believe that tube amps produce a “warmer” sound and a more natural “overdrive” sound. You will often hear guitar players talking about tone and this refers mainly to the sound from a valve guitar amplifier. While valve or tube technology is, in many ways, outdated, tube guitar amplifiers remain popular since many guitarists prefer their sound.
More Guitar Amplifier Pages
Guitar Amplifier and Pedals Savings
Latest Guitar Related Products
We are adding new guitar related products, including video reviews of products nearly every day or so. Bookmark the site or join the mailing list to keep up to date with new guitar products and guitar price reductions. Here are our latest posts.
- Seymour Duncan Guitar Pedals – Guitar Effects Stompbox
- Strymon Guitar Pedals – Boutique Effect Pedals
- TC Electronic Guitar Pedals – Guitar Effects Stompbox
- Voodoo Lab Guitar Pedals – Boutique Effect Pedals
- VOX Guitar Pedals – Guitar Effects Stompbox
About the YUMA GOLD Website
The YUMAGOLD web site has been created for guitarists and other musicians to review and purchase musical instrument gear at the best prices currently on offer from various suppliers around the world. The yumagold.co.uk website is expanding all the time with new guitar product reviews being added every few days. By comparing prices and suppliers on various online retail stores we can generate a list showing the latest guitar sale prices including price reductions for guitar amps, effect pedal sales and much more. Take some time to review the Savings page displayed in the navigation menu at the top.