Formed in 1947 in England, VOX is now one of the most famous brands in the world for guitar amplifiers. In 1958 the 15-watt Vox AC15 amplifier was launched. It was popularised by The Shadows and other British rock ‘n’ roll musicians and became a commercial success. In 1959, with sales under pressure from the more powerful Fender Twin, Vox produced what was essentially a double-powered AC15 and named it the AC30. VOX is famous for making the Vox AC30 guitar amplifier, used by The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Yardbirds, Queen, Dire Straits, U2 and Radiohead.
Since 1992, Vox has been owned by Korg. The AC30, fitted with Celestion loudspeakers and later Vox’s special “Top Boost” circuitry, and like the AC15 vox guitar amplifier helped to produce the sound of many top guitar players including Brian May of Queen, Paul Weller of The Jam, Rory Gallagher and The Edge of U2, Mark Knopfler, Hank Marvin, Pete Townshend, Ritchie Blackmore and many others. See below our list of Vox guitar amplifiers.
On our website we access the separate web pages of different guitar amplifier suppliers and list the products to make comparing the prices easy. You can then click through to the chosen supplier and buy the product, hopefully making a nice saving as well.
Vox Guitar Amplifiers
- Vox AC10C1 Valve Guitar Amplifier Combo
- VOX AC15VR Valve Reactor Guitar Amplifier
- VOX Mini Superbeetle Guitar Amp Head and Cab, MSB25 50W
- Vox Mini3-G2CL Modeling Guitar Amplifier (4W)
- VOX Pathfinder 10 Guitar Practice Amplifier Combo
- VOX Pathfinder 10B Bass Guitar Practice Amp (10W)
- Vox VX Modeling Guitar Amplifier Combo
More Vox Guitar Amplifiers
Look up Amplifier by Type of Guitar Amplifier
- Acoustic Guitar Amplifiers
- Bass Combo Guitar Amplifiers
- Bass Head Guitar Amplifiers
- Boutique Guitar Amplifiers
- Hybrid Guitar Amplifiers
- Modeling Guitar Amplifiers
- Practice Guitar Amplifiers
- Rack Mounted Guitar Amps, Compare Prices
- Solid State Combo Guitar Amplifiers
- Solid State Head Guitar Amps, Compare Prices
- Valve Combo Guitar Amplifiers
- Valve Head Guitar Amplifiers
Guitar Amplifier Types Explained
There are many types of guitar amplifier on the market, as can be seen from the list above. Each amplifier type is designed to either work with a specific type of guitar eg Bass guitar amp, Lead guitar amp, Acoustic guitar amp etc. There are also different styles of circuits used to generate the overall sound that is produced. The biggest difference being between vintage valve guitar amplifier circuits and solid state guitar amplifier circuits which became popular in the 70’s. These include silicone chips or IC’s and transistors. The type of sound generate by a valve amplifier and a solid state are very different.
Read our guide to the different types of guitar amplifier to see how each style is made and used. When choosing a guitar amplifier it is best to first decide how it will be used as this will dictate the power output required. For instance a 5W practice amplifier will be perfect for use at home but a waste of time if you plan to tour and have gigs. Guitar amplifiers are available with power outputs from 2w up to 200w and beyond. The next consideration should be the sound type and the type of instrument to be used.
On our web site we have some guide pages related to valve guitar amplifiers, especially push-pull designs using matched output tubes. Read our guitar amplifier valves explained page to understand more about how the valves work in the circuit and the different types of valve that can be used. The general rule being more valves more power. In a push-pull guitar amplifier design one valve is pushing the speaker cone and one is pulling it. As the sound generated by the speaker cabinet is reliant on a clean signal it is important that the valves push and pull in equal measure.
Read our guitar amplifier technical pages on the design of a Push Pull Valve Amplifier and also a Single Ended Valve Amplifier to understand how the technology works. We have also explained the role of the guitar amplifier pre-amplifier valves and the guitar amplifier power output valves. We have also done tests to see how different pre-amplifier valves compared and how they can shape the sound generated by the amplifier.
Vox Guitar Amplifier Valve Replacement Kits
- Vox AC100CPH, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox AC15, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox AC30C1, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox AC30C1, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox AC30C2, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox AC4 C1, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox AC4 TV, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox AC50CPH, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox Night Train 50 Gen1, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox Night Train 50 Gen2, Replacement Valve Kit
- Vox Night Train NT15H, Replacement Valve Kit
View our Complete range of Guitar Amplifiers and Speaker Cabs
- Makes of Guitar Amplifier (Marshall, Vox, Fender etc)
- Types of Guitar Amplifier (Head, Combo, Valve, Bass etc)
- Buy Guitar Amplifier Speaker Cabinets
- Guitar Amplifier Technology Explained
- Buy Guitar Effect Pedal by Make (Look up your favorite brand – DOD, Boss etc)
- Buy Guitar Effect Pedal by Type of Effect
- Buy Rack Mounted Effects and Processors (Studio and Gig Gear)